Amazon

Saturday 15 October 2011

Meatless Monday Anyone??

I have decided that with my hectic life, the first change I am going to make is to reinstitute Meatless Monday into my routine.  This just means that for one day a week, I am going to avoid meat.  The reason that I feel that this is an important step for myself and m family is because we eat too much meat.  Typically at our house, breakfast is meat free, but both lunch and dinner involve some form of meat.  I think that no matter whether you eat meat or are vegetarian or vegan, we can all agree that everything we eat should be in moderation (except maybe fruits and veggies).  I think that, speaking for myself, I eat too much meat (and other animal products). 

If you decide to try Meatless Monday, there is actually a website devoted to exactly that:
http://www.meatlessmonday.com/
There are great menu ideas and lots of information as to why Meatless Monday is important to ourselves and society as a whole.

Anyone up to the challenge of one day a week of eating meatless?  I ask that you join me in this and post your recipes, successes and failures!  Check out the Meatless Monday recipe link on my page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment