Amazon

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Will This Be a Controversial Topic?? Veganism!

I have been having trouble deciding what to write about.  It's not that there aren't lots of things floating around in my head, but I never know how interesting other people will find them.  There is something that I would love to have a good discussion about.  There are varying degrees of it and different names for it, but the idea is the same.  Veganism....Plant Strong Living.....I went through a period of time this year when I spent a lot of time reading about it.  Vegan's avoid all animal products.  This means no meat, no dairy, no eggs, most avoid honey, some avoid refined sugar (which I have heard is refined using charred animal bones).  Also no leather.....nothing that has come from an animal. 

People who live plant strong eat no animal products and eat more whole foods, as close to their natural form as possible.  Bill Clinton follows this style of eating.  It has been touted by followers to lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of and possibly reverse the effects of heart disease. 

I have been considering attempting the 28 day challenge that is on The Engine 2 website.  Take a look.
I'm still debating, but be sure that if I do, I will be blogging as often as I can about the day's menu and how I feel.  Anyone willing to join me?  Follow me here or on Facebook and let me know if you are up for a challenge, if I have a support group, maybe I can convince myself to try it for 28 days!

To the right of this post, is some recommended reading on this topic.  Consider reading up on it if you are unfamiliar.


No comments:

Post a Comment