Amazon

Sunday 2 October 2011

Sorry This Has Taken So Long!!

I apologize for my absence.  We have had a busy few weeks here......I suppose that justifies my nickname, The Frantic Housewife.  Let me take a moment to fill you in.  For those of you who are also stay-at-home moms, you  know how busy life can be without anything else added in.  You are a cook, maid, chauffeur, laundry service, nurse, and many other things to everyone.  Then let's add in that I run a home daycare five days a week from 7 am to 6 pm.  Hence the franticness.

My son's hockey season has just begun....and so has arena life.  I try to be at as many games as I can be to cheer him on.  My husband helps coach.  This means quick dinners in the evening along with trying to squeeze in some homework time. 

My son also begged to go into Scouts. 
He has now joined the local cub pack.  We had to make a deal though.  The first sign that this is too much with hockey, if he doesn't get his homework done every week, he will have to give something up.  Right now, however, he is on his first camp out!
We just heard from one of the parents who is with him that he is having a great time!!  He doesn't want to head home until he has too!

My daughter just started ballet.  She is absolutely loving it!  Every week she comes home and shows us the new dance steps that she has learned.  One of my daycare kids saw her in her ballet outfit and asked me why she looked so beautiful :)

Then we discovered that there is a Girl Guide Unit in our town.  So we have signed her up as a Spark, and I signed up as a leader!
We are both so excited and are looking forward to having some adventures together. 

As I mentioned in my previous post, my husband is a volunteer firefighter, so now you can see why life here is frantic!!  I would love to hear what you do to make your life frantic!!

My kids are onely going to be young once and I hope that my husband and I can continue to support them as they participate in things to increase their confidence, independence and help them learn life skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment