Amazon

Friday 11 November 2011

Day 6 : Doing Fine

So today is day 6 of my 30 day adventure into healthier eating...I think I've talked about it enough so if you want to know what plan I'm following, read back in my posts, or go to this link,http://thrivein30.com/sign-up-now/?cid=PPC-T30CAN-S

So my day currently looks something like this. 
     Breakfast :     homemade energy bar (great recipes in The Thrive Diet by Brendan Brazier.
     Mid Morning:   smoothie with one scoop of Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer, a bit of frozen fruit     and water.
     Lunch :      Large salad with homemade dressing
     Mid Afternoon:  almonds, apple, veggies, or something similar
     Dinner : My usual (casserole, meat and veggies, etc.)  I've kept that the same as it has always been.

I am still having one coffee a day and I've substituted my second coffee for a green tea.  I am finding the Vega product to be quite sweet (which is a common complaint in the online reviews), as it is sweetened with stevia, which is much sweeter than sugar.  I am slowly getting used to that. I also use only half of the recommended amount to save money as it is not the cheapest item to buy at the store.  My salad varies from day to day with what vegetables I top it with.  Then I add nuts or seeds and some blueberries.

I also mention that I have not changed my evening meal, but I have noticed a couple of things about it.  I find I am quite full of energy most of my day, my stomach feels great.  When I'm hungry, I eat.  I just make sure that it is something healthy.  After dinner, however, my stomach hurts or feels heavy and my energy level drops.

I am finding that I now am able to tell when I am actually hungry....at first, I had a feeling of not being full, but not true hunger.  This was probably because I just ate when I felt I should and put a large portion on my plate and ate it until it was gone and sometimes went for seconds.  Now, if I put a large portion of salad on my plate,  I feel satisfied, but not uncomfortable.  I know that I can go back for more if I want to with no guilt because I am eating whole foods, not processed and refined foods.

At this point, the changes that I have made have been easy, although it may becoe more challenging as I start working outside our home again next week.  I think with some planning, it should continue to go smoothly, but wish me luck anyways :)

No comments:

Post a Comment