Amazon

Monday 7 November 2011

What a Difference a Day Makes

So as you know (if you've been following my postings), I am participating in the Brendan Brazier's Thrive in 30 program.  So yesterday was day 1.  I was a good girl and followed my plan.  I had a large salad or lunch.  I had nutritious snacks.  I had a smoothie to bump up my fruit intake.  I even had 2 coffees instead of 3.  I thought I felt hungrier than usual, but when I really thought about it, I wasn't hungry, I just didn't have that over full, heavy sort of feeling that I have from the foods I typically eat.  I felt generally good.  I didn't have the usual afternoon sluggish time when I want to have a coffee.

Today, however, I went out or lunch with a friend and decided that I was going to order a salad......until I got to the restaurant.  I couldn't resist and had a wrap with fries.  Bad idea.  Now that I am listening more to my body's signals, I realized afterwards that my stomach felt like it usually did.....unsettled.  I became so thirsty and I could not quench my thirst.  I was very fatigued by early afternoon and I felt my stress level rising and my patience level sinking.  So, what did I do.....I spent some time making energy bars from the recipes in Brendan Brazier's book, The Thrive Diet.  I'm planning or a better day tomorrow. 

I you are following my blog, you will find out that I am only human and that I tend to be honest about my successes and my failures and have a few laughs along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment